Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) a premier warehousing Agency in India, instituted during 1957 furnishing logistics support to the agricultural sector and is one of the largest public storage warehouse operators in India offering logistics services to a various group of customers.
Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) providing logistics support to the agricultural sphere is one of the largest public warehouse operators in the country extending logistics services to various groups of clients. Warehousing services are providing a broad scope of products wandering from agricultural development to sophisticated industrial production.
Warehousing activities of CWS include food grain warehouses, industrial storage, custom bonded warehouses, container freight stations, inland clearance depots and air cargo complexes.
Apart from storage and handling, CWC also offers services in the area of clearing and forwarding, handling and transportation, procurement and distribution, disinfestations services, fumigation services and other ancillary activities.
CWC also offers consultancy services and training for construction of warehousing infrastructure to different agencies.
CWC is the office for storage and covering. CWC also offers services in the field of authorizing, and forwarding, handling and transportation, procurement and distribution, disinfestation services, fumigation services and other ancillary activities are:
- To establish warehouses: The very first function of Central Warehousing Corporation is to acquire and build godowns and warehouses at such suitable and useful places in India as it deems it.
- Run warehouses: After establishing warehouses at suitable places the next function is to run warehouses for the storage of agricultural produce, seeds, manures, fertilizers, agricultural implements and notified commodities offered by individuals, cooperative societies and other institutions.
- Provide assistance to agriculturists: Central Warehousing Corporation also needs to arrange facilities for the transport of agriculture products, seeds, manures, fertilizers, agricultural implements and notified commodities to and from warehouses.
- Assisting state warehousing corporation: Being a supreme government body in this field Central Warehousing Corporation is also supposed to assist and direct State Warehousing Corporations. It also has o subscribe to the share capital of State Warehousing Corporation.
- Act as an agent of government: Sometimes central warehousing corporation has also to serve as an agent of the Government for the purpose of purchase, sale, storage and distribution of agricultural produce, seeds, manures, fertilizers agricultural implements and notified commodities.
- Disinfestations services: The corporation may, at the request of parties concerned, undertake disinfestations service outside its warehouses in respect of agricultural produce or notified commodities.
- Act as an agent of its discretion: CWC may, act at its directions, act as agent for the purpose of purchase, sale, storage and distribution of agricultural produce, seeds, manures, fertilizers, agricultural implements and notified commodities on behalf of the company as defined in the Companies Act, 1956, or a body corporate established by an Act of Parliament or a State Legislature or a co-operative society.
- Follow the instruction of the Government: Being a government organization the corporation has to follow instructions from the central government. So, it also ahs to carry out such other functions as may be prescribed by the Government from time to time.
Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) Official website URL http://cewacor.nic.in