Monitorable Socio-Economic Targets of the eleventh Five Year Plan (2007-12) are Income & Property, Education, Health, Women and Children, Infrastructure and Environment.
Income and Property:
- Accelerate growth rate of GDP from 8% to 10% and then maintain at 10% in the 12th Plan in order to double per capita income by 2016-17.
- Increase agricultural GDP growth rate to 4% per year to ensure a broader spread of benefits.
- Create 70 million new work opportunities.
- Reduce educated unemployment to below 5%.
- Raise real wage rate of unskilled workers by 20 per cent.
- Reduce the headcount ratio of consumption poverty by 10 percentage points.
- Reduce dropout rates of children from elementary school from 52.2% in 2003-04 to 20% by 2011-12.
- Develop minimum standards of educational attainment in elementary school and by regular testing monitor effectiveness of education to ensure quality.
- Increase literacy rate for persons of age 7 years or more to 85%.
- Lower gender gap in literacy to 10 percentage points.
- Increase the percentage of each cohort going to higher education from the present 105 to 155 by the end of the 11th Plan.
- Reduce Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) to 28 and Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) to 1 per 1000 live births.
- Reduce Total Fertility Rate to 2.1.
- Provide clean drinking water for all by 2009 and ensure there are no slip-backs by the end of the 11th Plan.
- Reduce malnutrition among children of age group 0-3 half its present level.
- Reduce anaemia among women and girls by 50% by the end of the 11th Plan.
Women and Children:
- Raise the sex ratio for age group 0-6 to 935 by 2011-12 and to 950 by 2016-17.
- Ensure that at least 33 percent of the direct and indirect beneficiaries of all government schemes are women and girl children.
- Ensure that all children enjoy a safe childhood, without any consumption of work.
- Ensure electricity connection to all villages and BPL households by 2009 and round-the-clock power by the end of the Plan.
- Ensure all-weather road connection to all habitations with population 1000 and above (500 in hilly and tribal areas) by 2009 and ensure coverage of all significant habitation by 2015.
- Connect every village by telephone by November 2007 and provide broadband connectivity to all villages by 2012.
- Provide homestead sites to all by 2012 and step up[ the pace of house construction for rural poor to cover all the poor by 2016-17.
- Increase forest and tree cover by 5 percentage points.
- Attain WHO standards of air quality in all major cities by 2011-12.
- Treat all urban waste water by 2011-12 to clean river waters.
- Increase energy efficiency by 20 percent points by 2016-17.